2014年5月7日水曜日

1st ~Self introducion~


Tasmania

 

Tasmania is the island which is located in the south of Australia. Although it’s smaller than Hokkaido, you can see unique wildlife and nature there. For example, when you drive, you’ll see many wombats, which look like tiny bears, are wandering along the road.

              My dad studied in Australia when he was a college student, and Tasmania is his favorite place. It was when I was 12 years old that he took me to Tasmania for the first time and I still clearly remember how impressed I was with amazing views there which were totally different from Japanese ones. It’s surely the opportunity for me to realize how meaningful it is to see the foreign world.

 

 

America

 

America is where I spent a year as a foreign exchange student. I stayed in Grand Junction, Colorado and went to public school there as a junior year student. M ultimate goal was to improve my English and learn how other people think and cultures.

              I had difficulty living in a foreign country as he only one pure Japanese in that community because the difference of languages and cultures was hard to overtake. However, thanks to the support from many people, I think I could achieve my goals. I want to keep leaning foreign languages and cultures to enrich my sense of values, though.

 

 

Rap

 

Rap is one of my favorite types of music. Although I sometimes don’t get what rappers sing in their songs, I really like the rhythms. Since Japanese rap culture has not developed yet so much, I usually listen to American raps. My favorite artists are Eminem and Macklemore.

              I recommend you to listen to American rap music. Not only were the rhythms which match the beats so cool but it may improve your ability of listening to English. I’m sure about those because these are what I really thought in USA!

 

 

Orienteering

 

Orienteering is my favorite sports. It’s the sports where you can use only a map and a compass to go to the point which is shown on your map. You are to compete with your time which is taken for you to check all points shown on your map. This sport is generally played in the mountains or parks. That means you need to be able to run fast and read a map correctly.

              I was inspired by my teacher who used to be a professional orienteering player when I was a junior high student, and I continued to play since then. Although few people play sports in Japan, I hear it’s very popular in Northern countries like Sweden.

 

 

Karate

 

Karate is a martial art I used to do. When I was a high school student, I thought I should do some martial arts to the better understanding of Japanese ethics. Although my school provided us with a judo class, it was far from serious. So I decided to go to a private karate dojo weekly.

              Although I didn’t try to get a black belt and only participate in a few meets, I think I could learn some sorts of Japanese spirits. For example, people who learn karate are supposed not to take any offensive attitudes to others although they really can win in a fight. I think these ethics are rarely seen in other combative sports.

 

 

Outdoor

 

I like outdoor activities although I also like indoor ones like surfing the internet or playing the instrument. I like fishing in the river. Rainbow trout are not o difficult to catch and they taste good when you bake them with salt. I also liked camping in the mountains. Since I live in Tokyo, living in the nature for a while is one of the best ways to keep away from busy cities.

              Obviously, the fact that I used to be a member of the Boy Scouts and experienced many outdoor activities has influenced me a lot. Although I’m busy in these days, I hope to find some opportunities to enjoy some nature outside.

 

 

Multi-lingual

 

To be multi-lingual is one of my goals I want to achieve in the future. I can communicate in Japanese and English, and I learned some Spanish in USA. Now I’m taking a French class. My plan is that I’m going to study Spanish by myself and go to and stay in Mexico for a few weeks to learn Spanish and cultures. Hopefully, I want to go to France someday, too.

              The reason I want to be multi-lingual is that I think acquiring languages is closely related to leaning cultures, which is my ultimate interest. Through my experience in America, the better my English became, the more things I comprehended. Also it’ll be helpful to be able to speak many languages in this globalized world.

 

 

Omochi

 

Omochi language club is where you can learn foreign languages from foreign students in the University of Tsukuba and you can also teach them Japanese. I decided to enroll in this club and I’m going to assist and interact with them. Everyone is welcomed to this club by the way. Since many foreign students can speak Japanese, you don’t need be afraid even if you think you’re not good at English

 

 

Running

 

Running is my favorite sports. I usually run in the middle or long distance, at least 3 or 4km. I used to run as a part of practices for orienteering, but I actually I don’t have any ultimate goals for running.

              Anyway, running is sometimes painful, but even this is a fun to me. The only thing I think during running is just moving forward and it keeps me away from my stressful life. I’m to feel exhausted to some degrees after running but then drinking water and eating meals become supreme joy. In addition to these, running doesn’t require you to pay a lot of money.

 

 

Ice cream

 

Ice cream is my favorite sweets. I generally like sweet and cold foods and ice creams meet both of them. I like to eat them even in winter. I really like Haagen Dazs ice creams, but since they’re pretty expensive, I usually try to find other cheaper ones at convenience stores.

              When I was in America, I liked Cold Stone Creamery ice creams. There you can pick up toppings you like with your ice cream and they are mixed up on the stone which is about -10°. I liked this because I can make my original ice creams by choosing toppings. I liked strawberry ice creams with a bunch of m&m’s. You should try that when you visit USA.

1 件のコメント: